bIKE cLUB

Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap!

Thursday, June 03, 2010

3rd MTB ride 'o the year

Why are you looking at me like that? What, is it June already?  Steamboat weather has not been kind to our early season riding plans, lots of mud season this year with snow up to last week, rain and crappy cold temps.  I missed out on any spring desert trips too so the above hammer-fest with Vermont's fastest riders was only Highroller's third time out this year...pitifull. And painful, real painful!  But man, what a blast to be rolling along East Coast style on pine duff, roots and actual dirt!  Chainsaw reports that Emerald Mtn trails are finally opening here so I'm looking to get out on my OWN bike for a change and throw down at the hoe-down.  FR trails sound clear and dry, anyone getting out on the dirt?

3 comments:

  1. Plenty of riding on the Front Range…Betasso, Flatiron Vista, White Ranch, Green Mountain, Mathews Winters, Mount Falcon. Even talked the Velvet Hammer into his first visit to Buffalo Creek for a 3 hour tour. Tried to get others to go but lost out to Aspen and someone’s “anniversary”.

    Racing performances have been turned in by Dash at short track and Allison on looong track. Pete took his MTB out for a spin last weekend too.

    I got waitlisted for Laramie and Firecracker filled up on May 4. Sonovabitch. I guess I’ll just ride for fun. See you out there, I’ll wait for you at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already on top beetches, top of 'Ol Smokey that is, all covered in cheeese! How about Fat Tire 40 in CB, me 'n Moots will be there along with Karl Denson's Tiny Universe and the "Ride the Divide" film

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet vid over on Marty's blog, over there, to the left

    ReplyDelete