bIKE cLUB

Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

bIKE cLUB hits the Big Apple

HOT day in the concrete canyons of NYC, and every cab and bus within a hundred block radius was out to kill me, but the breeding tanks of the Uber Ancestors don't spit out many softies (welcome to HTFU) so I prevailed.  Highroller 1, cabs 0.  I've been somewhat twitchy (ok, ok  twitchier than usual) on the road bike since getting plowed under by a Jeep a couple years ago so I took the proper cure and rode 80 high speed blocks down Broadway, 5th Ave and West End Ave blowing lights, getting squeezed out by buses, cut off by cabs and delivery vans, all on the worst pavement known to man.  Cured!  I'll take the Moots down the f*ckin' running of the bulls in Pamplona now! Also got a good view of Lady Liberty's ass from NJ (insert appropriate metaphor on either NJ or current state of "liberty" here). Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment