bIKE cLUB

Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Nice Horsey




So this is how my 41st birthday began: Shotgunning a PBR in the barn before we headed out on a "little spin up Sunshine." That cool rock formation behind me is the Wheeler Geological Site just West of the ranch by about 3 hours. There's a little shed there to rest or find your bearings. We tried to ride to this alpine lake where the fish were big and plentiful. Ride was long and sssuper sssscenic but we ended up a bit short of our destination when 7:30 rolled around and there was still 2-3 miles to Machine Lake. Came down some wicked steep passes and might even consider some of the stuff we rode a bit on the dangerous side. But when does that ever stop any of us? Cool trip for sure and all told we rode about 60 miles. Those saddles are larger than the ones on my bikes but still was a bit sore after 17 hrs in the saddle. Enjoy these little outings while you can I say. Even if you walk funny a bit after it.






























4 comments:

  1. Are you really wearing chaps and a cowboy hat? WTF. What happened to the old, metro sexual Duece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Dash, there's a chihuahua named Mr.Taco in his sadddle bags to snuggle with at night. Looks like a great birthday trip Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spurs too. Giddyup Taco!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these picks...and Jess wanted me to ask you if we (I) can borrow your chaps sometime.
    Happy birthday buddy. I'm glad you're enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete