bIKE cLUB

Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Emerald Mountain TT

2nd weekly TT skinning up to the radio towers on Emerald.  Had the iPod in, chugging along pushing the pace, "sprinted" at the end and managed to shave a whole 1 minute off TT #1, one minute, really?  So PR is now 1:03 Blackmere to the top. Ah, well got to start somewhere.  Back in the distant day when I used to be riding towards the front of the pack (on my single "Faster" no less) I had a couple TTs I used to like to gauge fitness against during the year.  Poorman to Bald Mtn on the mtb was a favorite before my little cheater connector got gated off, Flagstaff of course (35 min or so if I recall), hot laps at Betasso (old course) in 13 min or so...
Here in the 'Boat I've set initial times mountain biking up Spring Creek (1:05) and skinning Emerald.  I think Fish Creek will make a great roadie climb/TT


View from the top looking S up the Yampa Valley.  Bottom of Rabbit ears is at 10 o'clock, Stagecoach at 2.  Fun road rides thatta way in a couple months time

iPod, schmypod!  Thought I was cooking along to Rage Against the Machine and others but only shaved 1 minute off last week.  Did do much better down the steep new lines where they pulled out the beetle-kill this summer, confidence of knee pads helps, there's lots of trunks and stumps left in there

No comments:

Post a Comment