bIKE cLUB

Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Ouch!


Did my best to make a Dash sandwich with Matt Cheese-O at Saturday's COSMIC ski-mountaineering race but Dash suffered some tech problems with slippy skins on the steepest parts of the initial climb and I somehow squeaked past him into next to last position. There were many many levels of pain to this experience, (and huge kudos to Cheese-O for making the 3am trek out to Glenwood) but the most stinging was either having to stop 5 minutes into the race after up tempo music in the iPod and Cheese-O's quick pace caused my ribs to lock up in cramps within sight of the start line, or missing out on enjoying all the stellar deep powder as my rubbery legs allowed only feeble attempts at tele-turns on the descents, and absolutely no energy for (free) lift served afterwards... Fun! Took me 2 hours, about 1:15 of which was skinning. Snowmass anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment